what product and license do I need?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Daddycool, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddycool

Daddycool Registered Member

I need an antivirus solution for one system on a LAN running a Windows 2000 Advanced Server OS. There are several other computers (not using server OS) connected on the same LAN but each has its own desktop AV solution.
    I do not need centralized management or protection of the other desktops. Just need standalone protection for the one file server.
    Can someone help me by suggesting exactly which version/edition of NOD32 I need and what kind of license do I have to buy?

2. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Hi!

You have to buy the Business Edition of NOD32 Antivirus or Smart Security if you wan't to run it on a server and you have to buy at least a 5 license version which is the lowest number of licenses you can buy on Business Edition.

The Home edition which can be purchased for 1-4 computers doesn't run on a server OS.

3. Daddycool

Daddycool Registered Member

Thanks. Response much appreciated.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

under verson 3.0, any server OS will require a business license. The "work around" would be to deploy version 2.7 - which has no restrictions on workstation/server OS levels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.