What me infected?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Marsman, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marsman

Marsman Registered Member

I'm shocked to say the least because I thought I was practicing safe, secure & smart computing... Obviously not!

Running XP Pro SP1 & my patches are always current with the exception of SP2. I'm also running ZAF 5.1.011.000, HW firewall, NOD32 V2.12.2, BOClean V4.11.001, SpyBlaster V3.2, SpywareGuide V2.2, Spybot V1.3.1, Ad-Aware SE V6.2.0.206, Firefox 1.0PR & etc. I keep all my security apps, signature & definition files updated.

Today I ran a full NOD32 system scan & to my surprise my log indicates 4 viruses found:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-76ba5970-1dc15d2d.zip »ZIP »GetAccess.class - Java/Exploit.Bytverify.F trojan
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-76ba5970-1dc15d2d.zip »ZIP »InsecureClassLoader.class - Java/Exploit.Bytverify.F trojan
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-76ba5970-1dc15d2d.zip »ZIP »Dummy.class - JS/IEStart trojan
    C:\Documents and Settings\User name\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-76ba5970-1dc15d2d.zip »ZIP »Installer.class - Java/OpenConnection.F trojan

Not a peep or warning from any of my other security apps but NOD32 found these 4 suspicious files but it cannot seem to clean or remove them.

My questions are:

1) Are these false positives or do I actually have 4 nasties in my system?
    2) If so can someone please point me in the right direction so I can safely delete them.

Best regards,
    Marsman o_O

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

3. Marsman

Marsman Registered Member

LowWaterMark,

Manually cleaned my JRE cache directory as per your link & ran another AV scan and everything is 100% once again.

Your quick and accurate post was much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Marman ;)

P.S. Thanks, now I no longer feel like Gene Hackman's character in the movie The Conversation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.