What makes LnS so great?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by mikelp, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikelp

mikelp Registered Member

Ok I just wanted to brag on myself a little. I started using LnS a couple weeks ago. The first couple days I assumed it was working but in fact it was not. So I read a little and figured that out on my own and got her up and running correctly. Now a couple days ago I decided to do a clean install of Vista x64 for various reasons and LnS is my firewall. I was just playing around and figured out how to block some more things and add a rule to only allow the connections I want to allow. There is something special when you learn it on your own and makes LnS just that much better and more fun to use. I just blocked and watched the log and added a rule, that simple. I suppose it's nothing to the veteran users but I am quite happy with myself right now :) Than you for such a great firewall.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

To be working with rule-based software firewalls can be a bit too scary for many, usually easier to lookup official importable rules files or seek help over the official Look 'n' Stop forum.

To try an understand a little of what's being shown and creating successfully a rule to permit it and have program function properly gives much satisfaction. Have more control over inbounds and outbounds, and have the fun to try understanding what is making these ... very educational and rewarding for those who have a little time to spare.

Enjoy,
    Regards,
    Phant0m``

3. mikelp

mikelp Registered Member

I agree it's a lot of fun and I enjoy learning. It was actually a toss-up for a while between LnS and Sphynx's Vista Firewall Control and the Jetico firewall but I feel that LnS is the best one running in x64 for me. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.