What Laptop is very suitable and best for internet surfing?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I haven’t own a laptop yet, and maybe I’m asking like a little boy here. But I’m very curious if there are some kind (or brand/s) of laptops available that are more suitable for internet surfing, chat and checking E-Mails. Maybe some laptops are more suitable for business and some can be much better for software programmers, you know what I mean don’t ya? One of my friends in Colorado even says that even a Celeron w/ 550 MHz speed is just fine coz it really depends on the ISP and not on the Laptop power. But some “experts” says that a Laptop must have an at least 1.5 GHz speed w/ a 512MB RAM to surf the net at its best. I didn’t have much time/money to test different Laptops on the scene. Pls help.
    :doubt: :-*

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

any modern laptop should be fine. a laptop doesnt affect the internet speed, only the speed at which u can start windows and ur programs. a laptop with 256mb and a celeron m or better should be ok.

3. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

Any computer would do, even a 166MHZ with a meg will be ok to surf the net, even for a cable or DSL. :eek: I did that for 3 years until I got my self a 2gig Notebook. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.