What kind of security do I need?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Subgud, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I have GDATA IS 2009, SAS PRO, MBAM PO. What else is there a man needs to have his computer totaly safe? I dont mean backup solutions, that i also have, but do i need some kind off email encryprions? Some software so i can browse without leaving a trace behind?

Any special rookit, fileprotector, cpuhider, hddlocker?? Or does I need anymore than i have?

I am only curious:D

(Genesis, Invisible Touch) OH YEAH!!!!!!!!

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Your needs depend entirely on what you're going to do and your usage of the machine on the internet. That's pretty much it. If you're going to throw common sense out the window and do wild and crazy things, then good luck, nothing will protect you 100%. :)

3. tmaertin

tmaertin Registered Member

I would consider using a Hosts file - such as MVPS or HPGuru's.

Also, I would never play Invisible Touch on my PC, for fear of getting the Phil Collins virus. No security that I know can eradicate that virus! :)

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

The only thing I would add would be a HD imaging program like Acronis or something

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Your probably over protected at this point.

6. 3xist

3xist Guest

If you're running SAS Pro & MBAM Pro with GData, Which uses 2 engines you're pretty much untouchable IMO.

But nothing is 100%.

7. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I changed my firewall this night. I run some test and GDATA`s firewall was as leak as(dont know the english word!!) So i changed to GDATA AV and installed Comodo firewall 3.5. After running the same tests it blocked every one of them.

Host file? What is it? "Such as MVPS or HPGuru" What kind of programs is this? Has it with the firewall to do? o_O

8. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

It is a file that contains a list of domains which are blocked from being accessed. There are a lot of programs which are used to insert dangerous domain in that list, so they can't be accessed.

BTW: If you're using firefox you can try keyscrambler, the free version covers it and it's a quite handy tool

9. icr

icr Registered Member

You just need to regularly updates all these products and u'll b just fine*puppy* *puppy* *puppy*

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

A quick short list for you:

Online Armor Free
    Avira Free
    SandboxIE Free
    MBAM
    SAS
    I'm sure theres many more.....................

All the above can reasonably translate for you to a full premium product for you once you finally become familiar with them & in the meantime discover their extraordinary protection and clean-up abilities.

And this is but just a short list to chew on awhile while observing their potential.

EASTER

11. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Or use both with HostsXpert to merge them (and eliminate dups.).

12. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

You have 4 anti malware engines and no HIPS - far from untouchable

Edit: you got D+?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  13. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

After chatting with agnitum they found my lifetime licence for outpost firewall. So i switched from comodo.( i suddenly remembered that i had one licence floating around.)

I am not sure, but i think there is HIPS within outpost PRO 2009. Personally i like outpost slightly better than comodo. It could be because i have never learn to understand every single thing with comodo.

And thanks so much for all of the replies!!:thumb: :D :D I learn something new every day about pc security through this forum!

14. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Malware is doomed for sure now, theres simply too many ballisitic offensive resources they can't keep up with and more users have taken haven to those protections against whatever they can imagine let alone impliment against us.

Not only that, but i been monitoring their cracking commercial products for months and for the first time in a long time, those sites are closed up shop finally :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.