What kind of attack is this?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ComputerSaysNo, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I remember once I hit on a site while browsing called russianbulletproofservers.net or something like similar that. Yeah I know, I know :thumbd:

Suddenly I had 100's of runddl32 running in Task Manager and my system was at a crawl so I just powered off my PC knowing I had been compromised (at least I think so). I also had Comodo FW installed and was watching closely and did see ICMP ECHO REPLY & a whole bunch of other ICMP requests which I presume was the attacker.

Well it suddenly killed my watercooling cooler as in broke it. Now I'm pretty sure it wasn't powering off the machine that killed the cooler, so is it possible the attack adjusted the firmware or speed of the fan burning it out?

What do you think happened?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

inadequate security setup possibly in browser scripting allowed. The hardware issue was coincidental

3. Hmmmmm doubt it, security setup was set to the max.

Do you/anyone have an idea what kind of attack it might of been?

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

What did you use in your setup apart from Comodo? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.