What is your surefire way to be totally anonymous on a private torrent site

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by beefsalami, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beefsalami

beefsalami Registered Member

Hey guys,

I'm sure you guys have ways to get through to sites like hulu if you're outside of the US.

Would it be different for private torrent sites who keep a very close eye on their members? As you may know, private torrent sites at times ban entire countries or ISPs.

What would you personally do to get past these bans and be absolutely anonymous? I am a complete newbie at this so I'd appreciate the 'checklist' of things one must do for this (1. clear cookies, 2. ...). I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks,
    B

2. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Is this for private sites for which you are a member or are you asking for ways to bypass the membership requirements?

3. beefsalami

Hey this is for a torrent site for which I was a member, but was banned because they decided to ban certain countries, IPs and ISPs, and I am trying to get back in.

However I am also looking for a way to be completely anonymous in other private torrent sites for which I am still a member of.

4. Let me guess your from Romania?

5. beefsalami

No but another similar country..

6. Which is? No offence`, but they ban country i.p's for good reason. Like cheating for example.

7. beefsalami

Hey I am from Turkey, and yes I realize that they ban countries because of some users, but it is unfair for others who are innocent...

8. Bad luck for you buddy. Sometimes that's just the way it is.

9. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

BolehVPN is a great VPN. But I recommend using a seedbox. You'll find that you can download faster through sftp than you can torrent, generally. Give whatbox.ca a look, they might be just what you need. The ability to use SSH ia also a plus, and it's how I do anything sensitive on the net.

10. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

P2P is under threat from most countries, so there is that. Plus, I've ran into situations where bans were strictly political. The first two countries I would ban if I were looking strictly to prevent hacking would be China and Eastern Europe, particularly Romania. All that being said, it would not at all surprise me if the U.S became banned from more P2P websites/methods. If I were not a U.S citizen, I would probably do it myself.

11. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

But why would they ban Turkey?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.