What is your favorite color of the spectrum?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Galcoolest, Nov 18, 2004.

?

What is your favorite color of the spectrum?

1. Red

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Orange

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Yellow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Green

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Blue

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  6. Indigo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Violet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Can't decide

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

What's your favorite color of the spectrum?

If you had to pick, which color on the visible light spectrum is your favorite? Indigo (between blue and violet) was on Newton's original 7 color list and is often omitted today, but it's here for accuracy. C'mon, Vote! There's a bet on this, lol! And wait til you check out the karmic and historical/social associations of your color choice here- what it might say about you!

http://www.sfheart.com/color.html
    or try this one

http://members.tripod.com/ClanOfDanu/colors.html

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Galcoolest,

I figured I might as well go first. My color is purple/violet. Everybody should be able to tell by the dragon ;) ...

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi
    My favorite color is red,checked out your link

RED has the lowest vibration, being therefore the coarsest and most physically vitalizing: its place is just above the heat vibrations, and it is heat-giving in itself. Astrologers tell us that the "planetary color " of Mars is red and has dynamic power over iron. It is iron that is responsible for our red blood-without it we would have some sort of pale liquid in our veins. Mars is considered the God of War, giving a martial spirit to all born under this sign, quick strength and force, power and leadership. Red is the color associated with the 1st chakra.

4. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    ORANGE

is the second color in the spectrum. This beautiful color is associated with the Sun, and has also a warming and invigorating effect. But whereas red is stimulating to the body and the blood, orange is stimulating to the emotions. It is also considered the color of the brave. It should be avoided by extremely emotional types of people, who acquire balance through its complimentary color, Blue. Orange is the color associated with the 2nd chakra. Its musical note is D. Melodies in that key often have emotional appeal. The metal associated with the Sun is Gold.

As a true Dutchy, need I say more? ;) :D

regards,
    slam:cool: :cool: :cool:

5. dog

dog Guest

BLUE belongs to the Planet Venus, the giver of Love, devotion and harmony. Its stone is the Amethyst, the super-sacred of the seven jewels. Pale blue in the aura represents devotion, while dark blue shows fanaticism. One can either be "true blue or have a fit of the "blues", according to one's outlook

6. Galcoolest

I got on this subject of colors with a friend earlier, which is why I set up this poll. We were talking about our absolutely favorite color in the whole world- what would it be? ANd both of us picked colors that we only really know from the 64 pack of Crayolas- neither of us being up on the graphics' folks knowledge of industry-standard color names.

My absolutely favorite color is Midnight Blue, how that Crayola looks on paper, its deep, deep blue essence. My friend's was Burnt Orange (?, whatever..).

And then we got to thinking that all the colors are somehow, for the most part, closer to one of the 7 on the spectrum than another- that a funky inbetween color would still probably be called one of the basics if you showed it to a 4 year old. So I got curious about the visible light spectrum and found that site- which prompted the poll.

My color might be indigo, though I picked blue at first- of which the second site explains:

Indigo or dark blue,
    is the color that indicates dignity, tranquility, higher intuition, psychic powers, and trustworthiness. It is as calming and shares many traits with blue but being darker the affect is more intense and powerful. Since indigo has some of the shading of violet, it shares some of the traits of violet as well.it provides calm and coolness without cooling your intent. In hindu belief, it is the color of the third eye chakra.

The first site explains that in the Hindu religion, the oft chosen Blue is the color of the 5th Chakra- which is characterized by:

This chakra governs our speech, hearing, and communication of self-expression. It is the beginning seat of our intuition. It is about the expression of the truth that we know in our heart.

Color/Chakra:
    Blue

Conceptual
    Throat

Positive:
    Content
    Idealistic
    Patient
    Creative

Negative:
    Smug
    Dogmatic
    Fanatic
    Rigid

Needs:
    To attain inne
    r peace.
    To find Mental security.
    To live an ideal

Challenges:
    To find confirmation within rather
    than from others.
    To let go of memories.

Other Names: Throat, visuddha (Sanskrit)
    Element: Sound
    Stones: Turquoise, Amazonite, Chrysocolla, Azurite,Quartz,Boji stone
    Area of consciousness: etheric body
    Governs: communication, expression of thoughts and feelings
    Essential oils: lilac, patchouli, francincense.
    Musical note is G.
    To live in the present.

The second site linked above said this about blue:

Blue is the most calming color. It is considered to be the second most powerful color after red and blue is the color of constancy and faith, the color painters used for the Virgin Mary's robe, the color of the heavens and the oceans. The soothing color blue stands for sky, good health from good air, sensitivity, truth, sleep, healing, hope, friendship, protection, calm, creativity, patience, wisdom, peace, loyalty and ones desire to nurture. The word "blue", from Middle English blew and Old English Blaw, has been used since about 1300 to describe a color of the spectrum. In the symbolism of heraldry blue is called azure and signifies piety and sincerity. Around the twentieth century it became a symbolic representation of the male gender. In Christianity, Blue symbolizes Mary and Advent. In Hindu belief, blue represents the throat chakra.

[Alas, we nightowls sometimes go off in odd directions when the world is asleep, with no phone calls or bustling noises outside to distract, and we get sick of work or thinking about computer security!]

7. Galcoolest

whoops- didn't realize polls wasn't for ALL polls- live and learn :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.