what is wrong with my network card?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tru_Snoop, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tru_Snoop

Tru_Snoop Registered Member

Hey guys;

I have Shaw Cable high speed internet. I use ethernet cable to connect my modem to the computer. Now, all the sudden the light "PC Activity" on the modem is off. Also the light behind network card (which shows that the ethernet wire is connected properly) is off. Good thing is that Shaw's modem can be connected through USB cable, so I am able to connect to the internet. So, what do you guys think is wrong with my network card. Do you guys think it is burnt? I can't open my pc at this time, but I will try to check it tomorrow. I also tried another ethernet cable ,but no luck........Help guys;

thanks

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Tru_Snoop, ;)

A couple of things to try:

Have you tried going into your Network Connections and Right-Clicking on that NIC Card connection and selecting "Repair" to see if Windows can correct the problem or a least diagnose it. (Have if hooked up with the ethernet cables when you check it).

Even though the modem works using the USB connection, it doesn't rule out Shaws' modem as the cause. (At least if Windows doesn't find anything fatal with your NIC card)

Try resetting the modem ... Power OFF wait a few moments and Power it back on ... either by using the power toggle (if applicable) or simply unplugging it.

Although ... this will mostly likely be fruitless, try blowing out all the ethernet connections (male & female) with a little compressed air, if you don't have any ... simply blow at the them manually.

Give Shaw a call and see what they have to say regarding any possibilities ...

BBR has a Shaw Support Forum try asking the experts there --> http://www2.dslreports.com/forum/shaw ... make sure you use thr www2 address as they have been experiencing an attack and the regular www address is down.

HTH, ;)

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.