What is windows security center talking about?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by webyourbusiness, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I've just noticed that my windows security center is complaining that my NOD32 has "reports that it might be out of date"?!?!

NOD32 is currently at definition version 1.659 - so puzzlement is my first reaction... any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Re: What is windows talking about?

Do`t know where you are located but your system clock may be off. Depending on when the screen shot was taken, compared to when you posted, compared to where you are located. o_O

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I've seen this before, just out of the blue on a clients machine, tried uninstalling and reinstalling NOD32 without success. The only solution found is to reinstall Service Pack 2.

Cheers :D

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

When was the last time you updated prior to this definition version 1.659 ?

The alerts of this nature are somewhat controlled by the interaction between Microsoft Security Center folks and the 3rd party software....Nod in this case. They both come to an agreement in regards to what time frame an alert is issue....which could be a week, month....etc. Perhaps you were in that twilightzone timeframe :doubt:

5. webyourbusiness

Thanks for the suggestions - I'm not going to bother trying reinstalling service pack 2 just yet though ...

On the date/time - I just checked, I use NNTP and it was up to date, so I don't think it's a case of the date/time being off - although I was playing with the day earlier today in the windows date/time - so that might have had SOMETHING to do with this.

On the previous updates, this machine updates directly from Eset - it's my personal machine and I use it to prompt me when to update the website with updates from Eset - so it has to be kept up to date.

This one has my scratching my head big time too... before I know it, I'm going to be COMPLETELY bald... ;)

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

In the end, this may be the only choice as we found out (I went bald trying to find a solution), and this was the advice given at the time from the Eset Developers.

Cheers :D

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If I was betting with BS's money....I would say that was a real good possibility and if it settles down now that you have finished mucking with the date/time....perhaps it will clear up considering Eset will be forthcoming with another update soon.

8. rothko

rothko Registered Member

could also disable the Windows Security Centre warning for virus protection. Got along OK updating anti virus software before MS introduced this feature.

9. webyourbusiness

well I checked, double-checked and triple-checked the date/time - and did a reboot - nothing - windows still thought that NOD32 was out of date. So I got on with some work and decided to ignore it... figuring that my ability to ignore problems in the real work might work on this "phantom" problem that I had on this computer... nope... it's still there.

Anyway - I rebooted again after slugging my machine by spooling a 1gb print file - and the thing has disappeared!!! ie, my windows now thinks that NOD32 is up to date, and the red-shield of shame has gone... I 'ate windows... ;)

10. webyourbusiness

ps - those are corals from one of our saltwater tanks on the desktop - in case you were wondering...

11. covaro

covaro Registered Member

Quit being nice. :D

Love it when things just fix themselves.

-Cov

12. ragnarok

ragnarok Registered Member

i had this problem once, same situation, the problem dissapeard after a couple of pc restarts...:rolleyes:

13. gberns

gberns Registered Member

"Attached Thumbnails"

That is what I see in the initial post in this thread. How do I get to see the actual screen shot or picture?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.