What is this?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by MRSCT, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

I ran Spybot and Ad Aware and MyWebSearch doesn't go away, Is it something I don't need to worry about?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

After scanning with Spybot....what are you actually being informed about concerning MyWebSearch ?

Something similar to the below registry entry :doubt:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\mywebsearch.net

3. hadi

hadi Guest

4. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

I don't know anything about things I bring up from antispyware, so I always ask what to do about it.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

There is no way anyone can offer a proper answer unless a little more info is shared. If you do not mind....would you Please scan with Spybot again and make note of what it is finding in reference to MyWebSearch. Also....would you Please provide the version of Spybot you are using by opening the program and selecting the top menu selections Help\About

It would be beneficial if you could also upload the latest Spybot scan result for review as an attachment to your next post Please.

According to your operating system....there should be a .txt file with todays date(assuming you will scan again today).....that's located in the below folder location.

Win95\98....C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

Win2000 or XP....C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

6. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

I am a novice, so I may ask stupid quesstions. I need a link to the spybot site to down load the newest version. 1.3.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

No question is stupid....and you have proven you are getting better at troubleshooting your problems ;)

I fixed my McAfee

I suggest you be sure and follow the below instructions before installing the newest version 1.4
    Related thread to Spybot 1.4 download---> Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 Finally Arrived!

8. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

Thanks Bubba,
    I did as you as you instructed. I ran the updated Spybot and everything is all clear. :D
    I appreciate your patience :cool:
    MRSCT

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are Welcome and glad all is well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.