What is this?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mele20, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have a bunch of these notices in my event log. Never seen this before. There is an odd symbol next to the event. I can't tell what the symbol is as it is too small (even with a magnifying glass)...maybe an exclamation point or a capital I..I can't tell).

Time Module Event User
    5/28/2004 15:06:05 PM Update Function: DownloadAuthorization, parameters: , return value: 401

Plus, NOD32 has not tried to update since May 29 and it should be attempting every hour.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Are you using a beta?

3. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

How can you tell if / when NOD32 is trying to update? My defs were last updated on the 29th. Just tried to do a manula udpate, and got a message that my app is already up-to-date. My event log only indicates when updates occur. However, using PortExplorer, I can see that NOD32 has been checking for updates every hour since last update on the 29th..

4. Habiru

Habiru Registered Member

Hi,
    You have found one way, using Port Explorer, you could also configure ZA Pro to let you know when ever it connects. Its up to you what tools you use to check it.

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Ronjor,
    Yes, I am using a beta. It appears to be exactly the same as version 2 when you look at the information screen and the installed components and scanner supported parts are all the same as Version 2. However, support assures me that this is a beta with most of what will be in the beta that will soon be released publically.

Dazed_and_Confused,

I can tell that it is trying to update because I have this box set to notify before any updates, so when I look in the event log it shows errors connecting to the servers. It may be connecting sometimes and not showing that there was no update available though because if it connected successfully there would be no error to show and I haven't ever seen in the event log anything saying "update attempted, connection successful, no update available". It would be nice to see something like that except if we did and it was attempting once every hour then the event log would get full very rapidly.

6. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I have always wanted this same feature. I've got a big hard drive. 24 entries per day is OK by me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.