What is this???

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by dallen, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dallen

dallen Registered Member

$ISR file not found

Recently, upon what is now going to be my final attempt at getting KAV or KIS 2006 to work on my system, I attempted to boot into my "baseline" snapshot so that I could remove the KAV snapshot. During the process, I received an unusually high number of errors (more than 10) and the snapshot removal was not even finished yet. I got scared so I manually stopped the removal process at which time the partially removed KAV snapshot displayed a question mark. Then I initiated the removal of that same snapshot. It disappeared and I went about my business thinking everything was normal.

Today, when I tried to boot into my F-Secure snapshot I notices the above message in red letters. What is going ono_O

Incidently, it seems that I can still boot into all of my snapshots.

2. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

I don''t have any KAV/KIS on my system and I notice the same message.
    I suspect that a defrag is causing this.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I've seen what those guys on the Kaspersky forum have seen but only when running Rollback Rx. I've never seen it with FDISR. I don't think Dallen's problem was related to KAV.

5. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Wilbernl,
    The only degrag that I use is PerfectDisk. Are you saying that Perfect Disk and First Defense are not playing well with one another?

I think my issue may be due to the fact that I did an offline defragmentation while in a non-primary partition. Could this be the cause?

6. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

That sounds reasonable.
    FD-ISR flags it's presence for PerfectDisk by adding a key in the registry.
    When you start a non-primary partition, that key is missing.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

BTW, i use RollbackRx not FDISR but i will like to comment I got chkdsk about three time with it and out of these two times i got it when i was trying to boot into a snapshot that contained Kaspersky. I wonder if it is really something related to kaspersky,is it statrting too early during boot up? some thing is playing with boot rocord? i have no idea.( I see its name even on log off screen).
    ( BTW, it is sure that RollBack chkdsk have happened to people who don,t use kaspersky but i just think kaspersky might be one of the cause of these)

8. Peter2150

I am not sure I buy that. Yes most of the time I saw it was cause the beta of KAV either crashed or hung. BUT, after I switched back to FDISR I installed a new beta of KAV, and it hung 5 times, which meant power resets.
    Never a peep from chkdsk so I ran it and the disk was fine. Frankly I think the problem sits right in the lap of Rollback.

If you want to test it just do a power reset on your machine a few times.

Pete

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I agree thr problem is with RollBack but my idea is that there might be some vulnerable softwares who trigger this behaviour of RollBackRx and KIS might be one of them. Just a thinking.

10. Peter2150

Kis only to the extent they are beta's and might be more likely to hang or crash. I know you might have installed KIS 299 or 300 which have been commercially released, but frankly I don't think they are quite Gold yet. (I am using the KAV beta's so I'm not knocking them)

I think anything that causes any hangs and crashes is bad news for Rollback at present.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.