What is this "floating" minimize and close thing on my desktop?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Would anyone know why this thing is in the middle of my desktop (XP)? It's doing it with AIMP3 but a few days ago it did it with another program that's no longer installed. It minimizes or closes AIMP3 but it doesn't need to be there as AIMP3 already has its own minimize and close buttons. I couldn't find any obvious setting in AIMP3 that controls it and it only recently started doing it. What the heck is it? :D

Attached Files:

2. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

It looks to me like it's some weird XP GUI bug. It obviously isn't a part of AIMP3. Perhaps a good scrubbing with CCleaner and a cold reboot will do the trick?

3. allizomeniz

Dave I tried your suggestion and several other things but nothing worked so I just restored a Macrium image. I tested some new software about a week ago and I think one of them screwed something up. Hopefully that's the end of it. :)

4. allizomeniz

As soon as I posted it started doing it again so I did a clean install of AIMP3 and it's stopped for now. Keeping my fingers crossed. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.