What is this and can I just delete it?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bgoodman4, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Tonight I got a low disk space message and I ran SpaceSniffer (very nice program by the way) and discovered that on March 3rd a bunch of files were created that took up 43 gigs of space. I have no idea what these files may be or where from. The only thing that was happening that day was my monthly PC maintenance which culminated with a reinstall of RollBack Rx at 16:40. As you can see from the attached the files were created at between 14:57 and 16:22.

Mind you now that I think of it at around that time I was probably imaging my drive using Paragon Backup 10. I wonder if I imaged to the C: drive rather than the external drive I thought I intended to image to. Are these Paragon backup files? If they are can I copy the files to the external drive or would doing so compromise these files and thus they should be junked?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      229 KB
      Views:
  2. bgoodman4

Well I just answered my own question. They are indeed Paragon image files. As part of my maintenance I image to 2 different drives one of which is stored off site. I plugged the onsite drive in and went to the image and the files are the same size etc. Mystery solved.

Can I simply copy to the offsite drive or would I be better off re-imaging?

3. bgoodman4

Never mind, I un-installed Rx, deleted the files, and re-imaged the drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.