What is this and can I just delete it?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bgoodman4, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Tonight I got a low disk space message and I ran SpaceSniffer (very nice program by the way) and discovered that on March 3rd a bunch of files were created that took up 43 gigs of space. I have no idea what these files may be or where from. The only thing that was happening that day was my monthly PC maintenance which culminated with a reinstall of RollBack Rx at 16:40. As you can see from the attached the files were created at between 14:57 and 16:22.

Mind you now that I think of it at around that time I was probably imaging my drive using Paragon Backup 10. I wonder if I imaged to the C: drive rather than the external drive I thought I intended to image to. Are these Paragon backup files? If they are can I copy the files to the external drive or would doing so compromise these files and thus they should be junked?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      229 KB
      Views:
  2. bgoodman4

Well I just answered my own question. They are indeed Paragon image files. As part of my maintenance I image to 2 different drives one of which is stored off site. I plugged the onsite drive in and went to the image and the files are the same size etc. Mystery solved.

Can I simply copy to the offsite drive or would I be better off re-imaging?

3. bgoodman4

Never mind, I un-installed Rx, deleted the files, and re-imaged the drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.