What is the wpwr1 header on a motherboard for?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by taleblou, May 8, 2019.

1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:
    I have a acer aspire gx-785 where I want to connect some rgb strips, ram and fans and therefore need plenty of connectors. on the motherbord there is one chasi fan header and the power supply has 2 molexes and one 4 pin connector free. I was looking at the motherboard for headers I can use. There is a header called WPWR1 and my search did not give me any good result. So does anyone knows what that means. ( can I used it for the rgb strips or fans?) Acer does not provide diagram or manual for its pre-build motherboards.

Also anyone with a gx-785 can you tell me how many connectors are there on the motherboard. I will move my system to a new gaming tower with 5 rgb fans and I also want to install 2 rgb strips and the rams are rgb with 2 pin connectors. the strips I think use molexes. so this leaves the rgb rams and rgb fans competing for the single chasi fan header. so any help would be appreciated it.

by the way the 4 pin connector of the power supply that says "P6" what that is for? is it usefull for fans or strips?
    Thanks for all your help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.