What is the difference between Nod32.exe & nod32kui.exe

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mpe1224nodder, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpe1224nodder

mpe1224nodder Registered Member

Hi Blackspear!
    Got one more question...I found this post by KATBERT concerning making a WINDOWS XP BOOT DISK & running NOD32 from it....Dated July 22nd 2007...
    Here is the link to his posting-
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showt...od32 Boot disk
    He said to goto http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ and download the BartPE program & create the XP Bootdisk & put NOD32 on the disk....so you can BOOTUP to the XP Bootdisk & run NOD32...
    I did this & it works very well running Nod32.exe , but then I tried running \nod32kui.exe to start NOD32 Control Center... however I ran into errors trying to run \nod32kui.exe ....the error says "ERROR OCCURRED During Communication with NOD32 Kernel Service"....
    1. what does this error mean?
    2. What can I do to stop the error?
    3. What is the difference in running NOD32.exe or running nod32kui.exe .... is running the Nod32 Control Center/nod32kui.exe more THOROUGH than
    nod32.exe ??
    Thanks in advance!
    nodder

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

NOD32.exe is on-demand scanner
    Nod32kui.exe is NOD32 control center (interface only not kernel).
    So you got that error msg because nod32krn.exe(nod32 kernel / core) is not started and only can be started via windows service.

3. mpe1224nodder

mpe1224nodder Registered Member

SO I created this WINDOWS XP BOOT DISK....wouldn't that START the nod32krn.exe(nod32 kernel / core? OR if it did not start-can I MAKE it start the Kernel service?

4. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

no it wouldnt start nod32krn.exe and no you cant start nod32krn.exe manually. why would you need to run nod32 control center as you still scan via nod32.exe ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.