What is the big difference of SnoopFree Privacy Shield from Anti-Hook 2.5?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by sweater, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    :rolleyes: I was wondering then that these two was just the same.. o_O :ninja:

2. jupiter9000

jupiter9000 Guest

Snoopfree will only protect you against hook based keyloggers. AntiHook is a far more full featured anti-malware solution. Here's some of the things AH will protect you from.

AntiHook is kernel mode protection that detects and prevents attacks in real-time. It can be trained to isolate malicious activity. AntiHook ensures the integrity of the operating system by blocking and reporting any suspicious activity, including the following:

1. Launching of malicious applications and processes.
    2. Termination or killing of your critical security applications (e.g. Firewall, Anti-virus, and Anti-spyware software).
    3. Loading of suspicious DLLs (e.g. IE Browser Helper Objects, ActiveX components, COM objects).
    4. Execution of code in a remote program (e.g. Trojans or Malware modifying the memory space of an external application and executing malicious code).
    5. Remote injection of code through standard Win32 API calls to the CreateRemoteThread() API or other native APIs called from within Rootkits.
    6. Installation of Kernel Device Drivers (Kernel Rootkits) that integrate and then maliciously alter the Windows operating system.
    7. Registration of programs for loading on PC start-up or when the user logs on to the system.
    8. Registration of Initialisation DLLs that load each time a new application starts.
    9. Installation of system-wide Windows hooks by using standard Win32 APIs or native APIs.
    10. Attaching a debugger to another process.

If I was to choose between the two of them, I would without a doubt choose AntiHook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.