What is the big difference of RD Standard from Tony?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by sweater, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    With Pili's advice I downloaded and now use the Tony's ruleset in RegDefend in my Ghost Security Suite protection software. ;)

But, in simple plain language...for non-technos :cautious: what really are the big differences of the RD Standard rules from Tony's rulesets? o_O Did it "adds something to protect" or it just "omitted something" to be not incuded in the registry protection list, or Tony's rule is completely different from the default RD rulesets? o_O

And...also.. how can I know if this is the latest Tony's rulesets? I mean, is this the only one that I have downloaded and there's no other updated Tony's rulesets?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2006
  2. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I'll add to Tony's comment :)
    The current RD standard rules cover the basic keys (with the minimum of alerts) that malware might use but this is a moving target.

Experts like Tony, Gottadoit & Puff M D monitor current malware for new keys that malware start or may start using, again these are tested for the minimum amount of user alerts and carry helpful descriptions to aid user decisions when necessary.

By testing this new ruleset users are aiding refinement to this "program of work" thus helping the less technical users get the best alert free protection. because of RD's functionality those users that want a set it and forget security application can have the best of both worlds. ie. low alerts with reduced decision making and kernel level protection of the registry.

Eventually Tony's ruleset will probably become the standard ruleset, hopefully in time for the next release of the GSS suite.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.