What is the BEST Keylogger in the market today?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Birdman, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

When it comes to "Keyloggers", I have the slightest clue as to which one's really work and serve it's purpose and which one's completely destroy your system with pop-ups and viruses. I'm hoping I can get some advice/recommendations from members here that have used keyloggers or other spy software.

In a nutshell, I've been asked by a family member (who's not computer/technical savy) to monitor the internet activities of my teenage niece. However she is in a different state and I would need a program that would remotely deploy install (via email attachment), run invisible (no services running in Task Manager or entries in Add/Remove Programs, etc) and go undetected from firewall, a/v programs like Kaspersky Internet Security 7 and WinPatrol 2008.

I have come across a few programs (see below) that say that they will do all of the above, but I'm not sure which one (if any) is the best.

Spytector
    eBlaster
    Ardamax
    SpyAnywhere

IF there's a better one out there that meets all of the underlined requirements.....please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  2. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I believe Kaspersky or ang good AV with spyware / riskware detection will detect all of these.

Not sure about the ethics of what you are being asked to do anyway.

I would think twice and check the legality of your proposed actions.

3. HyperFlow

HyperFlow Registered Member

why not install a internet filtering program like Naomi 3.2 it's free and can be D/L from MajorGeeks.com or Radiant Morning technologies i fill the same as the previous poster and this is as fare as i dare to go. {sorry key logging some ones computer just does not sound like the right thing too do}

4. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I agree. Use some kind of filtering technology and let her know up front. What's the difference in secretly using a keylogger and putting up hidden cameras in her bedroom or secretly recording all of her phone conversations? Sickening!

5. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Exactly in several countries this breaks the law.
    Stop doing such stuff it is the wrong way.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I would never spy on anybody, because it's not my business and everybody needs privacy, even kids.
    I'm a good guy, not a bad guy.

7. NorbV

NorbV Registered Member

I have to disagree with some of the replies that have been posted. You have a duty as a parent to protect your child. In my opinion you are the only one that can judge the situation and if you think monitoring is warranted you should do it.

The internet is a unique environment for children, and it calls for unique actions on the part of responsible adults to keep the children safe.

As far as the best keylogger to use, I have used Spector Pro by SpectorSoft and it worked perfectly and is completely hidden. The same company also makes another product called eBlaster, for monitoring a remote computer that you do not have access to.

Just my opinion but I can personally recommend Spector Pro highly.

8. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Oh, I didn't realize that we were talking about a child here. In that case, a child shouldn't be on the net alone and unsupervised without security software anyway. I thought we were talking about a 17 year old or something.

In the case of a teen, it would be harmful on many levels if the teen found out.....not to mention an unhealthy behavior on behalf of the parent. It is demeaning, it would destroy any trust that might have been there (although it sounds as if maybe that has already been destroyed), it crosses boundaries that are needed as part of that transition into adulthood, and it is completely and utterly disrespectful. Maybe some legal research is good idea, but I would also recommend a good psychologist as well. Worse case scenario, monitor, but let the teen know up front instead of exemplifying deviant behavior......or just take the computer away.

9. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Exactly. Probably you will stumble about yourself when trying to spy out your child, on the one hand you could totally misinterpret what you may discover, in the end you will confuse yourself, you will dispute with your daughter and become a control freak totally deflected from reality. :D :D :D

10. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I dont think we are talking about a child. A teenager is a young adult or possibly an adult. I also find it odd that the original poster states that it should not reveal any running processes in task manager, not have any uninstall info etc. Would a child use task manager to look for processes? Would they know which processes should be there?

If it is to protect a child, best to educate them as to safe activities on the net and in life so they become their own Policeman. Monitoring someone without their consent can be illegal.

this whole thing sounds strange to me....

11. Birdman

There's nothing stange about it. You and a few others are looking way too much into this. Once again I've been asked by a family member to monitor the activities of another family member who is a few months away from turning 13. I don't have much knowledge about these type of softwares and from my brief research....it seemed like a keylogger was the most popular option out there.

I'm just trying to find one that will serve it's purpose without "crippling" the computer and won't be easily detected because there are 2 other teens that have good computer knowledge who share the same pc. My job is not to "parent" her because she lives in a different state and I'm not around her enough to know what she's doing online. There was a recent issue with MySpace and hence the reason why I was asked to do this. I'd much rather be the a-hole that installed a keylogger to help her immediate family know what her online habits are than to be the "nice" family member who one day finds out that his niece got in trouble with some cyber-space perv.

12. HHx6

HHx6 Registered Member

Well what about the other two? You do realise you're not only invading her privacy but whoever else uses it as well.

Also filtering software would work *MUCH* better than a keylogger. I'm not sure of an off hand but I'm sure others here do.

13. Birdman

I was not aware of "filtering software" until this discussion. It definitely sounds like the better option here for what's intended. As for invading privacy.....my part in this was just to set it up. Her parents do all of the "monitoring." I guess I should have been more clear about that.

Anyhow, I will research different filtering programs out there. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.