What is SpywareBlaster supposed to do?!!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dc116, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dc116

dc116 Registered Member

I just downloaded SpywareBlaster and it is doing almost NOTHING on my computer. There is no scanning whatsoever... All it does is prevent spyware but I don't even use Internet Explorer because Firefox is way better. Should I uninstall SpywareBlaster and go for MalwareBytes?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

it protects firefox too
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html#FAQ
    "..
    SpywareBlaster is passive protection. It plugs the holes that spyware and other potentially unwanted software use to get in to your system. As such, there is no running process - and no CPU and memory usage either. All you have to do is remember to update SpywareBlaster once a week, and enable the latest protection.
    .."

3. outandabout

outandabout Registered Member

But is it actually really necessary?? I mean no CPU usage blah blah. Sweet. I did though read an article regarding the whole spyware-adware-malware scene and it has a small paragraph dedicated to SB. I dont know.. but i enjoyed reading it. "http://www.doxdesk.com/updates/2009.html"

4. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

there is actually cpu usage.

A while back I noticed nvidia display control panel used to take ages to load up, took me ages to find the cause, and it was the same cause that made new tabs in IE8 slow to appear.

The cause was a long restricted sites list, the list that spywareblaster and spoybot-sd populate to protect the browsers.

I have no idea why nvidia's control panel is affected by that list tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.