What is Spybot teatimer?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by rocker, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocker

rocker Guest

Hello. Does anyone know what Teatimer is in the new Spybot 1.3(and what it does)? Couldn't find any info on it in the help menu. Thanks a million.

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Rocker, :)

Net Intergration is the offical support forum for Spybot ... I did a search for you and found this link for Tea Timer

But we love to discuss it here too! :D

HTH

dog - *puppy*

3. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

Thanx dog for the link,

I have still open questions:
    What I need is not examples of what TeaTimer does, but a complete list of its features! Which registry locations are monitored for example? Why can't the author just put this in the helpfile. Ahh.

Also I cannot find any usable information on what exactly SDHelper does (appart from the empty phrase "block bad downloads"), even though I searched the forums. Could someone be so kind and share a link or info regarding this?

thanx in adv.
    -hojtsy-

4. Eagle1

Eagle1 Security Expert

Patrick has spent the last 5 weeks nearly nite and day debugging the app for the 1.3 final release yesterday. I'm sure the help files will be updated as quickly as possible. :D

5. rocker

rocker Guest

Thanks for the info Eagle1 and Dog.

6. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

I really appreciate the efforts of Patrick.

Still can somebody please point me to a topic or page enumerating the features of Teatimer, and/or defining the "bad downloads" which are blocked by SDHelper?

-hojtsy-

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Take a look at this related thread,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=32276

Hope this helps.

snowbound

8. tinman25

tinman25 Registered Member

Anyone have any idea's?

Problem: My homepage has been hijacked. Keeps coming up as
    your-search.com. I have ran spybot and adaware 6.0 and it continue's to be a pest. I change the home page and after some time it changes it back. I have gone into the registry and modified the entries to my home page yahoo and it changes that to. I have also tried the tea timer and it seems to get past it. I have tried setting my home page to yahoo then using the lock ie feature in spybot. When I go into the advanced mode and click on browser pages I modify those to yahoo and it even overrights that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A program must be living somewhere that continuously copys the your-search entries into my registry. I don't know what else to try..?

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

tinman,

Please follow the instructions as posted over here to the letter, and post your log file in that particular forum please.

regards.

paul

10. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.