What is PCclear Antispyware with Free Antivirus 1.0.4.5

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Windfresh, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windfresh

Windfresh Registered Member

Hi!
    I've run into this AV programme in the list of the most popular antivirus downloads on Softpedia. Alongside with such monsters as Norton, Avira, AVG, Kaspersky and Eset there is this absolutely unknown and unheard of(by me,at least) software-PCclear Antispyware with Free Antivirus 1.0.4.5 .
    I've watch its site in Firefox with FlagFox plugin and it indicated the hosting of the site in Republic of Korea. So it means that PCclear Antispyware with Free Antivirus 1.0.4.5 is a Korean product? I heard of Hauri and Ahnlab, but never of the asked about AV tool.
    Who knows what it is and why it is such a popular download on Softpedia. Whose engine do they use.
    Thanks all in advance

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.:thumb:

3. Windfresh

I am not an AV freak-I am just an ordinary user :) . And as I see that AV is not listed on Virscan or Virustotal lists of check engines. I only wanna know why this application is so hot popular download on Softpedia-more popular than Avast. o_O

4. gery

gery Registered Member

i downloaded it a year ago and it was crap. don't waste your time with this trash

5. Windfresh

Thank you, Gery!
    But, why is it so popular on Softpedia as a download? o_O There are so many good options...but people dowload this....It has higher quantaty of downloads than Avast Home. Can't get it.... o_O

6. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Easy one word answer:
    "Marketing"
    Not the best type but still!

7. Windfresh

Thank you for reply, likuidkewl !

But there is almost NO info on PCclear on the net-I've just googled and checked it out. So it makes the high quantity of downloads on Softpedia for this prog even more mysterious. :eek:

8. gery

gery Registered Member

if you want to quench the fire of curiosity go ahead and do it but there are a dozen of people around in this forum that will support my opinion. the choice is yours

9. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I always make an image of my system disk just before installing ANY broad-scope security application. I do this even when trialing those security apps that I know to be "clean". After testing, I do a "restore" and POOF! -- all the ap-cray is gone.

To do otherwise -- especially with an unknown security app such as PCclear -- is a crapshoot. Beyond this point, there be dragons. :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.