What is Outlook Express 5x Plugin and What does it do?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jido, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jido

jido Registered Member

I just downloaded and installed AVG antivirus 6 Free Edition and found out that it doesn't offer e-mail protection for Outlook Express. Since it does not support Outlook Express e-mail, what is Outlook Express 5x Plugin and what does it do o_O I have Outlook Express v.6. This particular topic is not covered in their frequently asked questions or any where else, if I remember correctly. Please give the 411 on this one, and how I can fill the protection gap that AVG hasn't as of yet?

Thanks, jido

2. Fast

Fast Guest

It does protect your Outlook Express
    In Outlook Express, go to AVG-settings in extra-menu and set the OE-plugin config settings.
    Do the same in the AVG control-center and your protected.

3. jido

jido Registered Member

:rolleyes: Fast, I certainly thank you for the insight. Unfortunately, I'm not as savvy about these things as you are.

"In Outlook Express, go to AVG-setting in extra-menu and set the OE-plugin config setting..." I didn't know that Outlook Express had an AVG-setting in extra-menu, whatever and wherever that extra-menu is. "...and set the OE-plugin config setting..." Assuming that the extra-menu will take me to the Outlook Express (OE) plug-in config setting and config it to what? "...Do the same in the AVG control-center and you're protected." Again, what is it that I need to do in AVG control-center? :doubt:

Fast, by no means am I being condescending, but I truly don't understand what it is that you are telling me. I would immensely appreciate if you could be much more descriptive in your assistance. I do appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Thank you,
    :) jido

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.