What is Outlook Express 5x Plugin and What does it do?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jido, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jido

jido Registered Member

I just downloaded and installed AVG antivirus 6 Free Edition and found out that it doesn't offer e-mail protection for Outlook Express. Since it does not support Outlook Express e-mail, what is Outlook Express 5x Plugin and what does it do o_O I have Outlook Express v.6. This particular topic is not covered in their frequently asked questions or any where else, if I remember correctly. Please give the 411 on this one, and how I can fill the protection gap that AVG hasn't as of yet?

Thanks, jido

2. Fast

Fast Guest

It does protect your Outlook Express
    In Outlook Express, go to AVG-settings in extra-menu and set the OE-plugin config settings.
    Do the same in the AVG control-center and your protected.

3. jido

jido Registered Member

:rolleyes: Fast, I certainly thank you for the insight. Unfortunately, I'm not as savvy about these things as you are.

"In Outlook Express, go to AVG-setting in extra-menu and set the OE-plugin config setting..." I didn't know that Outlook Express had an AVG-setting in extra-menu, whatever and wherever that extra-menu is. "...and set the OE-plugin config setting..." Assuming that the extra-menu will take me to the Outlook Express (OE) plug-in config setting and config it to what? "...Do the same in the AVG control-center and you're protected." Again, what is it that I need to do in AVG control-center? :doubt:

Fast, by no means am I being condescending, but I truly don't understand what it is that you are telling me. I would immensely appreciate if you could be much more descriptive in your assistance. I do appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Thank you,
    :) jido

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.