What is NZM.EXE?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by PatG, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Resides in windows/system32. Is this file dangerous? Can't find much info on the net. Have tried to disable it in startup, but comes right back b/4 leaving the screen. If anyone has info on this file, would sure appreciate the data.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

http://spywarefiles.prevx.com/RRIAHG1418/NZM.EXE.html Prevx says it's bad. Found this using Google.

3. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Hammer, THANK YOU FOR THE LINK! I downloaded/installed/ran on a 31 day trial. Not only did it take care of 4 different instances of NZM, also found other malware and put 'em in Jail! Very effective program and extremely reasonable on fees. You can buy a subscription on time intervals of 1 mo., 3 mos, or 12 mos., AFTER the 31 day trial and it is not restricted in any way. I was/am really impressed. Again, thank you for guiding my in the right direction! :D

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

From what you've said it's not clear whether it was detected by NOD32 and you had a problem removing it, or it wasn't detected at all. In either case, I'd suggest you email support[at]eset.com for further instructions. If possible, zip the file, protect the archive with the password 'infected' and attach it to the email as well.

5. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Unfortunately, I highlighted the file and ran NOD just on it, came up empty. Infected files have been deleted. I am well aware that no one program can do it all, but was so happy to send this bugger into cyberspace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.