What is NOD32 doing?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by john774, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john774

john774 Guest

Just a second ago I noticed my pc was extremely slow. I used PROCESS EXPLORER to show which process was slowing down my pc and noticed two active threads named "NOD 32 ON demand scanner".

It was about 20.00 and I have a full system scan scheduled for 18.00. I assumed it was this scan but there was no active window visible - no way I could see it was actually scanning - no pause button.

Funny thing is also that a full pc scan here takes about 15-20 minutes. not two hours.

Wat was it doing? was it just the scheduled scan? or something else? And if it was the scheduled scan, how can I see it is scanning? (this time I just noticed the slow pc...)

2. john774

john774 Guest

anyone? I just want to be able to know what it is doing.

3. SSK

SSK Registered Member

4. john774

john774 Guest

I think I have, although I never used that guide. Actually I just ran the scheduled task again and indeed I can hear my harddrives going crazy, but there is nothing I can see that tells me it is NOD32 scanning all drives (unless I check Proces explorer).

I noticed the guide also has another way of scheduling a scan using an external application. I will try that. Thanks for pointing me to the guide.

Still strange that it is not easy to schedule a normal weekly scan from within NOD32 any easy way.

5. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Registered Member

What is not easy about scheduling a scan from within?

It's in the advanced button and very simple to do...

6. john774

john774 Guest

Sorry,

I meant to say that if you plan it without using the guide mentioned above, (scheduler, add, etc) you get the "stealth" scan thing. It would be nice if there was a default task for a periodic scan, so that users can just specify the interval (daily, weekly) and the rest is already set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.