What is going on at PCFlank?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Saint Satin Stain, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    Forgive me if I post this in the wrong place. I search for a thread or post about this, but didn't find any. Maybe the search terms were wrong.

There are warnings at PCFlank about Trojans infesting the site, and the suggestion that here is safer. What is going on there. A month or so ago on one of my computers that uses ZoneAlarm Pro, ZA blocked PCFlank; then I see the warnings now about a Trojan behind some of the links.

What is wrong at PCFlank?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

For a while, the forum had been basically abandoned by the PC Flank website operators, and there was no Admin available on the forum itself. Spam over ran it frequently, and the last active moderator didn't have access to all the forum sections to clean it up. However, we heard several months ago that a new Admin was assigned and they were able to get it under control. All sections should now have moderator control.

Other than one or two spam postings visible just now, it appears to be spam free. However, I can't say if they are having problems with hacks or infections at the moment.

In any case, the forum is not active. At best, I see maybe 10 or less posts in the last 100 days across all sections, and most are by the last active moderators.

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

In this respect may I ask how much of a battle is it for you guys to keep your site clean and safe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.