What is Anti-Abuse?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cmwilson, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmwilson

cmwilson Registered Member

Does anyone know what the Anti-abuse feature of McAfee Internet Security does? I am unable to update it, and the McAfee forum hasn't been very helpful. o_O

If it has something to do with spam, I don't care if it doesn't work, but if it is needed for anti-virus or firewall or some other important security function, I guess I better try to fix it. Or get another program.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'd say anti-abuse is some sort of phising detection thingie.
    I'm not using McAfee IS so i can only speculate and their page dosn't tell much about it either.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

The more titles, the better it sells. I don't need McAfee to do this job.

4. cmwilson

cmwilson Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. I've googled McAfee antiabuse and anti-abuse, and the only site that looked like it would tell me what antiabuse does wanted money for the answer.
    I may try again on McAfee forums. Someone there should know. You would think.
    I hope it's about anti-phishing or something, because I preview my mail on the web before I download it, and so far I've always been able to spot phishes before they got to my computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.