What is 10.112.0.1

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Tom98, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom98

Tom98 Registered Member

My Sygate firewall constantly reports an access attempt from IP address 10.112.0.1. I understand that this is some sort of private IP address. I have broadband connection via Comcast. I also have IIS installed, but I usually have the service stopped. Is this address safe to allow?

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi Tom98

Do you have any more details from your logs: protocol, ports/service ?
    It always helps to post some samples from your logs and when your public IP is involved just xxx part of it.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Sounds like a DHCP server request to me, but as CrazyM said alittle more details such port, protocol and such would help decipher it.

4. meneer

meneer Registered Member

And check the local ip address of your system. Use ipconfig in a command window (start - run - cmd.exe) if you're running windows.

check the other system using "nbtstat - 10.112.0.1" (also in cmd.exe) as this gives some more information on the system.

Are you running a non protected wireless network?

In a regular situation 10.* addresses are not routed over the internet, so this must be a local address...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.