What IP's are required to let through the firewall to enable the cloud and upates?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by GrammatonCleric, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

I have noticed that recently the SOPHOS UTM has been blocking the update process via a country block.
    There is no choice for Slovakia...there is Slovenia and Slovak Republic but even unchecking Slovenia and SR still won't allow the Spice to Flow.

Now I was able to allow the trade of spice to occur when I whitelisted the following IP 93.184.71.27 which was the IP that the networking was communicating with the update server located in Slovakia.
    Now so far I only whitelisted this one IP but I don't want to hamper my protection by whitelisting only one IP. What if the ESS 6 Cloud/Threatsense uses another IP to check on files?

What are the IP ranges that I can whitelist in order to offer the full ESS 6 experience?

If need be you can PM me.

Thanks

Yes I submitted a ticket to SOPHOS UTM tech support since this only occurred 2 days ago. I only noticed that when I attempted to check the date on the Nod32 Def Files and saw that the last update was on the 11th.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

3. er34

er34 Guest

Slovak Republic and Slovakia is the same.
    I have no experience with this Sophos product but if there is an option to block just certain countries (e.g. China or something you sure don't want) do it. Or allow more countries. Many ESET servers are not located in Slovakia even though ESET's HQ is based in Slovakia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.