What installing/uninstalling application??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rui, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Hi all

I am looking for a top-notch installing/uninstalling application.
    It may be free or shareware.
    Suggestions and advice will be most welcome.
    Regards
    Rui

2. charlesvar

charlesvar Guest

The only one I've used that does the install/uninstall is TotalUninstall http://www.webattack.com/get/totaluninstall.shtml

One problem with it - if an app wants to reboot to finish the install, TU is useless - all the before settings are gone and TU is aborted.

Regards - Charles

3. Stro

Stro Registered Member

Charles,
    I installed Total Uninstall two nights ago after reading some favorable reviews of the software. I haven't used it yet, however.

Can you please clarify "all the before settings are gone"? Are you referring to the registry changes, or other changes, that Total Uninstall is suppose to store on a before and after installation basis? I'm pretty sure you are; I just want to verify.

Thanks & regards,
    Stro

4. charlesvar

charlesvar Guest

Hi Stro,

Yes, that's what I meant. Otherwise its an excellent piece of software.

For instance, right off the top of my head, can't use it to install a firewall - the ones I've installed will reboot to finish the install.

If this happens, no harm done.

Regards - Charles

5. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Hi Charles and Stro

Thank you for posting at this thread. It seems that there's not many people posting here...

The best installing/uninstalling application I know of is Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite, that does not have the handicap pointed out by Charles. This means that there is no problem at all if it is necessary to reboot in order to fully install an apllication (eg, AV, firewall, etc). I do recommend Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite, as I've been using it for more than one year, and always with good results, with the exception of a problem occcured with a KAV uninstalation, which ruined my Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite. Luckily, I solved the problem through Acronis True Image (I had a previously made backup).
    Anyway, I would like to know if there good alternatives to ths Ashampoo application.

Thanks again for your attention
    Regards

Rui

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.