what happens when daily .tib canceled?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AcroNiz, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcroNiz

AcroNiz Guest

Background:
    A total system backup has been created using TI8

Each day, a daily backup runs and saves the daily backup (.tib) to the same folder. One day, due to other priorities, the daily backup is canceled just after it started to run.

What would happen if the system required a restore? Is TI8 "smart" to know that the canceled daily is skipped or when the daily backup was canceled, did it not create a file and therefore it would not be an issue?
    What if the system (power) was pulled in the middle of the daily backup?

2. AcroNiz

AcroNiz Guest

I guess the question was too hard? sorry.

3. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

Or those who would be of most help to you were doing other things over the weekend?

4. AcroNiz

AcroNiz Guest

yes, I do recognize that (other things to do on weekend)
    am just wondering how to prepare system if I knew that a power disruption causes something to be aware of when the daily .tib is created or halted

if it is a non-issue, I would like to know that also

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AcroNiz,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

"One day, due to other priorities, the daily backup is canceled just after it started to run." - In this case there is no any file created, just a line in log that the backup creation has been canceled.

"What would happen if the system required a restore? Is TI8 "smart" to know that the canceled daily is skipped or when the daily backup was canceled, did it not create a file and therefore it would not be an issue?" - this is not an issue if I understood your question in the right way.

"What if the system (power) was pulled in the middle of the daily backup?" - We haven't tested it yet. Obviously the image will be corrupted and you will need to create another daily backup.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.