What happens if hard drive becomes full?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chucknorris1234, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chucknorris1234

chucknorris1234 Registered Member

What happens if hard drive becomes full?

i want to setup backup for friends of mine, and want to use incrementall backups. it has to be a set and forget solution. but what happens if the harddrive becomes full? what will True Image do then? couldn't find information about it.

will it delete the hole backup (every part is needed for a restore) or will it stop or will it ask for another drive?

Thanks !

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I believe the Backup Locations feature allows you to set a fixed number of incrementals and after that number is reached, the Backups are erased and started over .... but I'm no expert by any means, on this. Other forum members will come by to help, meanwhile, read up on Backup Locations.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

What happens depends on the versin you are using. Before ATI 10 you had to manualy delete the backup files to maintain sufficient room.

Wiht ATI 10 and 11 you can create something callled a Backup Locatin and set limits that ATI will automatically observe (number fo files, size of fiels or age of files) when you creat an ATI task that backs up to the Backup Location.

With ATI 12/2009, you creat a task and specify that you want automatic consolidation and ATI will, when user specified limits are reached, consolidate the incs/diffs into the original full backup so you never have too many files or more than one backup set.

Check out the manual for the version of ATI that you are using:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/docs/

4. chucknorris1234

Thanks you very much. I used an old version before moving to mac (with no such function), and will now look it up in the manual. good to know there is some kind of function to limit the amount of data being backed up.

bye !

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

chucknorris1234, to avoid the misunderstanding, Acronis products do support Parallels for Mac, so you will be able to take advantage of all features of Acronis True Image from within virtual environment, but you will not be able to perform any operation on the physical machine (Mac HD).

We are informing you, that Acronis plan to release Acronis True Image for Mac soon, however we can not tell you the exact time frame for future release.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

6. chucknorris1234

Thanks, i recommended TI2009 to my parents in law for their windows pc. on mac , i use Time Machine, which is agood replacement. but competition is always good in the market :eek:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.