What happened to my backup?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by TGMcCallie, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGMcCallie

TGMcCallie Registered Member

I have Paragon Backup & Restore Suite 2010.
    I attempted to back up only My Saved Software folder which is in My Document.

I did not specify a loction to back it up to as I thought it would ask me for the location. I wanted to restore onto DVD RW disc.

It showed the progress of loading files and etc. It finally finished.

The problem is now I do not know where these files were stored.

I want to store the files onto a DVD rewrite disc and not my C hard disc.

I got a message that no backup module was created? Now I see a Red X inj my taxkbar and it wants me to set up a restore module.

I checked to see where it found that I could store it and it showed only my main drive C: Said it would decrease the available storage space by 54%.

Well I don't want that so I still have not created a place. It did not allow me to store on writeable media via my disc drive.

What am I doing wrong? Better still what do I need to do.

I am thinking about getting another WD6400 (640 GB hard disc) to use for storage. Will that work? If so when I create the back up will it back up EVERY file on my hard disc. I prepare taxes and have a lot of tax database for clients and that is especially what I want to back up.

Help because I have bought this software thinking it will do what I want to do but looks like maybe it will not.

2. CustomHVAC

CustomHVAC Registered Member

In Paragon Drive Backup Pro9, you need to "APPLY" the changes (a GREEN CHECK MARK) once your done. You can Burn the back up to a disc (but if the image took up 50% of your HD Space - It most likely would NOT fit on a cd/dvd.

You can burn an image & keep it on your Hard Drive or an external drive
    (provided you have a DVD/CD Burner Emulator)
    if not just "save the back up locally" & hit APPLY.

& YES the external would be a good backup location - Just in case your hard drive dies completely,you'll still be ok.

Hope 10 is close to my 9 & this helps!
    CustomHVAC

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi tg,

The suite contains 2 programs.

1. System Backup - which will look for a suitable location - to store an automatic complete image of the pc. That seems to be what is asking to create the Backup capsule/module.

System Backup will be running by default.

If you want to turn it off - go to msconfig and untick "Paragon System Utilities" under the startup tab.

2. There is also a separate DB10 Pro component, which you use manually to select individual partitions, or files and folders to backup .

If you didn't specify - it would have placed the saved folder on C - in a yellow arc folder - something like this:

arc_060110213653256

You can always copy it to external drive/dvd if like.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.