???? What Happened to FireFox ????

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgoodman4, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I generally use Opera but for sites that Opera does not like I use FireFox and today when I opened up FF I found the following,,,,,,

-I had info saved under the properties box associated with a particular bookmark, this info is gone. Not only that but all info in the properties dialogue box is now missing. Its all blank. In addition I am unable to type anything in any of the fields.

-At least 1 web page that worked in FF is opening up missing the log-in (password & ID) text boxes so I cannot log-in.

- The web address that shows up in the address bar is changed. All I see is the name of the company that the page is for, not the address itself. I am able to highlight the name of the co in the address bar but cannot right click to copy it. I am able to copy it via edit though.

-A number of other bookmarked pages that used to work with no problem are coming up with errors.

I know there was an update/upgrade for FF a while back and I assume the problems are from this,,,,,,,,,,any idea how to fix these problems or will I have to use IE? ----- By the way the log-in dialogue box for the site appears with no issue in IE. I cannot test the other sites as I no longer have access to the web address info in FF.

Any help will be most appreciated.

2. Eice

Eice Registered Member

3. bgoodman4

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a try.

4. bgoodman4

I have just reinstalled FF over the old installation and all is working as it should. Thanks for the suggestion though and I will create profile backups on a regular basis going forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.