What happends to incrementals if you run out of room?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jaxx, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaxx

Jaxx Guest

Hey
    If I do an incremental every night and it finally runs out of room, does it simply not perform the backup? Does it delete the full backup? Or deletes the most recent incremental? Thanks :)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jaxx,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

If there is not enough space on the disk to create the image file you will be given an error message and there will be the entry in the log of Acronis True Image stating the reason for the error. Acronis True Image will not delete any files on your computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Jaxx

Jaxx Guest

THX :)

4. Jaxx

Jaxx Guest

Follow up

OK, lets say I am about to run out of room. Can I delete my onw incremental files leaving only the full back up? Will True Image know to make a new incremental based on the contents of the remaining full backup? Or should I delete everything and start with a new full backup? Thanks.

5. hemputi

hemputi Registered Member

Re: Follow up

Nice Question. I'm missing a guidance in the operation manual how to schedule a backup (for newcomers) and how to realize a backup strategy. I don't want to manually remove backup files. I would like to have a "self-running-1-week-father-son-backup-process :) Do the True Image task planing features have this capability?
    Ede

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Re: Follow up

I think you'll find something suitable in this <previous thread> or one of its embeded links.

Regards

7. Jaxx

Jaxx Guest

Thanks that was very helpful :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.