What happend to System Safety Monitor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Antarctica, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I still have a valid licence right now, altough I am using EQS at the moment. But I am still interested by this application for my 2nd computer.

Anyone knows if it still alive? Not much activity on their Forum since a couple of months.o_O

2. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

The last news update was posted on March 1, 2008 on the program. That doesn't look too outdated to me. There are a few recent posts in the forum. I don't know the total number of users worldwide who use the program. But suffice to say, Norton and McAfee forums will always be busy because of the preloaded software on many PCs.

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

SSM's proponent (Vitali/VLK) replies to urgent posts fairly promptly. SSM is still current, but lacks file protection.

On the other hand, Prosec's proponent (Jei) is more difficult to contact than is the ghost of Elvis. (Thank you. Thank you very much)

4. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

vlk is employed by Alwil, I think.

My file protection needs are easily compensated for by NTFS access permissions, even if they're a bit of a pain in the ass to set up in XP Home. And as for SSM being dead, a new beta release of the free edition was just released earlier this month, as was pointed out.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Same here, it's ironic i know but i also have a Full License for SSM but have fallen to EQS because it's so much more lite in my opinion and file protections are more than adequate as well as other coverages.

I was one of it's early beta testers for sometime and AFAIK it was at the time the best innovation of a classical HIPS in circulation. It actually still is a very efficient HIPS in many ways but IMO they forked into it just a bit too much and a huge factor in my own departing away from it was not because it lacked anything significant in how it performed nor did it cause any perfomance issues, rather when they completely changed the Registry Settings feature it was too much IMO to learn it all over again.

No one wants to after finally getting familiar with the way a program works and it's settings to have to learn something all over again.

I hope they keep focused on it's continued development though, because it has a lot of offer in the way of interception ability as per any HIPS.

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Whoops! I meant vitk.

I had a senior moment.o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.