what exactly is "boot with pxe server?"

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by bbernat117, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbernat117

bbernat117 Registered Member

BACKGROUND
    I have read answer ID 770, Deploying Images with Acronis Snap Deploy. However, I still cannot deploy. The boot disk doesn't work on these systems (Optiplex 755 with AHCI, though it may still -- waiting word from Acronis) and I can't figure out how to get the PXE Server to boot a remote system.

The Deploy Image Wizard, Selecting target computers page, reads "No items to display." This is most likely because snap deploy bootable agents aren't running or running correctly on the remote system, but I cannot figure out how to boot the remote computer using the PXE Server. I have installed the PXE Server successfully on the deploy server. I have installed the snap deploy agent successfully on the target (the remote machine to be reimaged).

However, I can't figure out how to use the PXE Server to boot the target in the correct state. The technote just says, "start Acronis Snap Deploy Bootable Agents on them by booting these machines from Acronis Bootable CD or PXE Server." The documentation also does not tell me how to do this, or I'm missing the information. If it's just a matter of services running, then I'm already there. The target computer as Acronis Remote Agent and Acronis Scheduler2 Service services running.

Please provide specific directions on how to use the PXE Server to boot a remote system as needed for deployment.

Thanks!!
    -billb

2. bbernat117

bbernat117 Registered Member

This is now resolved. Ty. -billb

3. pxe

pxe Registered Member

I've got the same problem how did you Resolve it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.