What exactly does the ESET Blacklist do ??

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JoeBingo, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBingo

JoeBingo Registered Member

I use Microsoft Outlook and have a pop3 account with my IP.

When adding to the ESET Blacklist, are further emails from the senders address simply routed to the ESET Antispam folder within Outlook OR will further email from that address not be downloaded from the IP pop3 account?

I would hope that by using the Blacklist, further emails would not be downloaded into my Outlook application onto my hard drive.

If that is not the case, is there a feature in ESS that can be used to block email downloads?

Thanks !!!

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I would think that email would need to first be downloaded in order to analyzed for signs of spam.

While email analysis could possibly done during a message download, this could have several consequences, such as slowing down the transmission of mail and causing the connection to the mail server to time out.

Also, keep in mind it is a good idea to periodically check the spam folder, just in case something was incorrectly classified.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.