What exactly does SpywareBlaster do?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by RCGuy, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

from
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html#FAQ
    "..
    1. Is it a good idea to run both SpywareBlaster and an antivirus program at the same time?

Yes. Anti-virus programs use certain methods to detect and block viruses and other malware. SpywareBlaster uses a number of completely different, and complementary, approaches to block the holes that spyware, adware, dialers, and other malware use to get into your system.
    2. How does SpywareBlaster's protection work?

Similar to how one might plug the leaky holes in a ship, SpywareBlaster secures your browser against potentially unwanted software and sites - preventing the installation of spyware and other potentially unwanted software, exploitation of security vulnerabilites, and much more. Most importantly, however, SpywareBlaster works without interfering with the good side of the web.
    3. Where is the process? Why can't I see it running (in Task Manager)?

SpywareBlaster is passive protection. It plugs the holes that spyware and other potentially unwanted software use to get in to your system. As such, there is no running process - and no CPU and memory usage either.
    .."

I find it useful still :)

3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Thanks, Cudni.

Also, it sounds as if SpywareBlaster works similarly in the way that Windows patches work, but apparently uses protective methods that Windows patches and other anti-malware software don't use.

Also, considering what the one person said in the other thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1711970&postcount=2

is it really safe to assume that PrevXSafeOnline protects against a lot more malware than SpywareBlaster does? The reason why I ask is because it sounds like SpywareBlaster has it's own unique methods of preventing malware. Also, it doesn't sound as if using SpywareBlaster and some other type of anti-malware software is an "either/or" situation.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster does indeed work quite differently than most other security or anti-malware/spyware software.

And it's built to function well as part of a layered defense - you should find it works perfectly alongside, and complements, whatever existing security setup you have configured. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

And, using Prevx's own words

Source: http://free.prevx.com/

My family members have been using it for years without any problems. Using SpywareBlaster won't hurt you. Plus, it won't waste any system resource.

They use it along side Spybot - Search & Destroy immunizations.

My opinion, don't ditch it. ;)

6. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Thanks all. And I think that I'm going to send Kees1958 and the dummy from the other thread, a private message referring to this thread. :)

7. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

When you are a happy user, keep on using it

8. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

But why not use both? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.