What Ever Happened ?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by WilliamP, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Now don't get me wrong ,I love my PG but there was talk of an updated version comming out. The talk has stopped and I was wondering if we will be seeing anything soon? o_O

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi William, We are beta testing a new version now, so it will not be long :cool:

3. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Hi Pilli,

Before the next olympics?? :D :D :D

Dave

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

5. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Public release is a week or two away.

6. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Looking forward.

7. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

YES, i am happy with that, very curious to see an even better version of this great program ! :)

8. LJM Master

LJM Master Registered Member

Hi, LJM here, I'm lookin' forward to this new PG comin' soon, an' i'm jus' wonderin', wot are we to expect from this new Process Guard comin' out soon?? wot things will be changed/enhanced/updated etc...??

Thanks (Regards)
    LJM

9. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

I would prefer a surprise. But I am starting to get excited! :D

10. steverio

steverio Registered Member

If I remember right, the Global Hooks functions (Allow/Block) would be improved upon to play better with other programs. That would be nice. :)

11. Wayne - DiamondCS

There are many changes, including a new interface, everything has been made easier to use, a lot of changes 'under the hood' including driver changes have been made to help increase the stability of the driver on various operating systems (it's pretty much rock solid now), and this build of Process Guard becomes the first and only program in the world to allow you to protect other processes from being attacked via the \device\physicalmemory method. Another driver loading technique has also been added to prevent rootkits from being able to install themselves. There is now virtually no way for a rootkit to install unless you specifically allow it when Process Guard alerts you.

... which begs the question - as the only security system that proactively secures other security software and system processes from attacks that would otherwise render them useless, could this be the worlds most powerful security system for Windows?

If you've already registered Process Guard then you'll be able to upgrade for free to this brand new version when it's released in a week or two, so get in now! Anyway enjoy the rest of the weekend (unless you have to work, like yours truly :))

12. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Am i the only one getting a feeling of deja vu......... ;) :D :D :D
    Just kidding Wayne, the new version looks to be worth the wait, hopefully it will eradicate the last few quirks that i occasionaly have. I will be looking forward to giving it a spin. Keep up the good work, it is very much appreciated. :)

BTW. Thank you for supplying us (Denmark), with crown princess Mary(formerly Mary Donaldson), she's a peach. *puppy* ;) :)

13. Meed

Meed Registered Member

Is this update going to be for the registered version of pg only, or will it apply to the free one too, as iirc, a while back someone brought a vulnerability to light on pg, and a fix/overhaul was promised.

Meed.

14. Wayne - DiamondCS

There will be a new build of both versions.

This is the \device\physicalmemory attack that I mentioned earlier in this thread. We've already developed a fix for that vulnerability, as our beta team (who are currently testing the new build) has been able to verify. This new build of Process Guard will make it the first and only program in the world to offer users the ability to protect other processes against the \device\physicalmemory attack, which virtually every security program today is vulnerable to.

Best regards,
    Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.