what does this mean please

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by barnsta, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnsta

barnsta Registered Member

This must be why i am having problems, please see past thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=127382. the hardrives are 200gb each.

i really would like to get this solved, maybe my hardrives are in a mess and need to be completely formatted using some other software, they were formatted last time i did a windows install using the long re-format.

thanks guys

Attached Files:

2. b_k

b_k Registered Member

looks like the bootcd doesn't have the drivers for your RAID Controller. You would be better off with the BartPE-PlugIn of the new build, since that would allow you to build a BartPE-CD ("live" windows) using the Windows-RAID-Drivers for your controller. Or you could try it with the bootcd of build 9.0.3567 if you haven't done that already.

3. barnsta

Thanks

have tried with latest build, will try the bartPE-plugin, friend told me that my partitions maybe a bit messed up and to boot with partition magic and sort out.

any other suggestions greatly recieved

4. b_k

b_k Registered Member

5. barnsta

thanks so much, i am a little confused sorry! Does the bart bootable cd replace the acronis one? If you have time, a step by step instruction would be great and really appreciated.

thanks so far :D

6. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

If you can access your drives via windows explorer then there's no need to reformat the drives.

Although it has nothing to do with your problem, you may want to consider converting your drives to NTFS. This is especially useful for the destination external drives on which you would save the backup files.

7. barnsta

Are my drives not in ntfs? I thought they were, am sure when i formatted i used ntfs (sorry for my newbieness!)what would be the explanation ofor the missing gigabytes in the drives please, maybe bad partitioning?

cheers

8. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

In My Computer, you can verify the free space, used space, capacity and file system, by right clicking on each drive and selecting Properties.

9. barnsta

seem to have got it sorted
    ran error checking in windows and then used safe version for back up. so far so good

thanks all for help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.