What Does Microsoft Know About You?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

What Does Microsoft Know About You? (5 web pages).

-- Tom

2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Bing looks better than Google, but when I am hooked up to Xerobank I don't worry too much. But if I am logged in to a gmail account and do a search through Google then it is correlated.

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I too have gmail, I try to limit my exposer to google products through.

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

It's really gotten to a point where, unless you simply don't use the internet, data is going to be collected, whether you like it or not. I went through that phase of considering Microsoft, Google, and others the bad guys, out to build up my data until they reached a point where they knew how often I went to the bathroom (yes, I'm being funny). But, I've come to the realization that our banks, workplaces, insurance companies and the like, are the real bad guys, if they ever chose to be. What they know about you beats the hell out of what Microsoft, Google, Yahoo and any other major vendor can get a hold of (unless you volunteer that information, in which case, you're a fool).

We need, for our own sake to read privacy policies and watch our backs. But, I agree with the article, there are less truly nefarious things going on at these companies than many, especially media groups, want us to believe.

5. Dude111

Dude111 Registered Member

I really try and watch what info i disclose online..

Just because we are all using A PUBLIC UTILITY doesnt mean our lives are an open book right?

6. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

What does Microsoft know about me? Well, they know that I don't use any of their products. :cool:

7. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

They know I have many Windows and Office products registered to my name and when I call them and the agent asks for my name and if I have called before , then he says more or less "OK , Mr.Xxxxxx , we are here to serve you" .

I can only say that I am pretty pleased Microsoft customer , partner and they care about their clients . Have always had positive opinion about them .

What they know or don't know about me - I can't really know but I don't care . The war between the giants (high above me) doesn't really concerns me.

8. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

I see you're from Bulgaria. You must have been born post-1989 Bulgaria.
    I have a feeling if you experienced the surveillance society - pre-1989 - you might feel differently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.