What does it mean?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tisungho, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tisungho

tisungho Registered Member

After Norton performed full system scan, the Peak item in Commit Charge increased so high (look at the attached picture). What does it mean? Normally, it's around 300,000K.

Another question is that can I use Norton AV 2007 with Comodo? I've seen that NAV includes the firewall. Is it necessary to install a firewall like Comodo?

Regards,

Attached Files:

2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Actually, Norton AV does not include a firewall, so Comodo Firewall may work just fine with it. Norton Internet Security includes a firewall, so please make sure which product you are using. It is not at all advisable to use two software firewalls together.

I must admit that I find "Commit Charge" to be a complex concept. Please read this definition:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commit_charge
    As long as you don't hit the limit value, you'll be okay. You can reduce this chance by reducing the number of programs you run at the same time, but I don't think it is necessary to worry in your case. ;)

3. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Actually, NAV 2007 includes a firewall. This is taken from CNET's review (and personal use):

Norton AntiVirus 2007 absorbs much of Symantec's discontinued Norton Personal Firewall product. But you'll have to look hard to find it: the firewall settings are rebranded as Internet Worm protection under the Virus and Spyware Protection Options page. Here you can enable or disable signature files and inbound and outbound firewall rules, as well as automatically stop all communication with the Internet... .

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

'absorbs much of' doesn't sound like a full firewall and it is an antivirus.

5. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

My apologies to the OP if I got it wrong. I must say, though, that if there is a firewall in there, they should label the box properly for this very reason (don't want folks to run two firewalls). You know, they're labeling foods nowadays with warnings: "Contains Peanuts". Same idea. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.