what does disabling integration do ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by noobfromsd, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noobfromsd

noobfromsd Registered Member

o_O Hey everyone, I'm new to this process and I have not been able to find an answer for an issue that I had experienced with my Nod software.

I was unable to get to web pages after clicking on the links in my emails and some of the pictures in my emails were not displaying properly. This happened almost immediately after installing my Nod software. It was late at night and tech support wasn't available til the next morning and I was getting frustrated.

I looked at the users guide online and tried to see if there was some kind of setting in Nod that would block the links or pictures. I didn't find anything specific and started some self troubleshooting. I brought up the advanced setup options and at the very bottom of the list was 'email client integration'.

I disabled everything, rebooted and I was now able to see the pictures and click on the links in my emails.

When I was able, I finally got ahold of the tech support guys and asked them about what the disabling integration did and if my emails were still being checked and if I was still protected.

They informed me that I was still protected, but didn't really couldn't answer the question of 'What does unchecking the integrate with Microsoft Outlook do ?'

During my search online for some answers, I found wilders. I am hoping that someone can answer what seems to be a simple question.

[GLOW="Does anyone know what disabling 'Integrate with Microsoft Outlook' in advanced set up does?"][/GLOW]

2. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

Disabling the integration of Microsoft outlook removes the ESET Outlook plugin. When you do this, you will notice that you no longer see the ESET Toolbar. This means you won't be able to right click on an email and use the ESET features to add it to a blocked list. The emails are still being scanned though as long as the email account is a POP3/POP3S one.

3. Nasenmann

Nasenmann Registered Member

And what if I use an IMAP-Account?
    We must disable the Integration because Outlook 2007 was so slow that it was impossible to work with it anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.