What do you think of Ad-Aware?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CogitoTesting, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Hi Guys

What do you think of the New Ad-Aware? Is there anyone using it right now. At the very beginning it was one if not the most popular security products in the industry. Now I think it has a lost a lot of its popularity to Avira, Avast, and AVG etc... Since I have not tried it in a long while I just wanted to know how is it doing for those who are using or already tested it.

Thanks.

2. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

It was one of the first support-programs of the real av, but I never trusted a lot. Since the beginning A-Squared was absolutely another thing.

3. progress

progress Guest

It's bloatware and I can't recommend it any more :doubt:

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Back in the early 2000s Adaware and Spybot were an amazing combo. Nowadays its outdated and doesn't have the newest malware in its definitions.

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

We have a current thread: [thread=275061]Ad-Aware[/thread] where you'll find many opinions about this program. Let's keep the discussion going there. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.