What Do You Think Is The Best Download Manager

Discussion in 'polls' started by AnthonyG, Feb 15, 2005.

?

What Do You Think Is The Best Download Manager

1. GetRight

18 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. Flashget

38 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Download Accellerator

10 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Internet Download Manager

51 vote(s)
    22.8%
  5. Teleport Pro

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  6. Net Transport

5 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. Mass Downloader

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  8. Firefox/Mozilla Download Manager

44 vote(s)
    19.6%
  9. Other (id really apreciate you saying what that is)

70 vote(s)
    31.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I am Curious as to what people here at the site use and think is the best all round download manager. I use Both Internet Download Manager and Flashget but i am curious as to see if there is something better.

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I've used Download Accelerator for years (after removing the spyware) and I enjoy it. It allows me to manage what files I have downloaded and set them scheduled to download for later. I'm sure some people would say "Stay Away" from it, but after removing all the extra crap from it, It is a very good program.

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

You could try Freshdownload or Leechget, both free with no ad/spywarefree. Those two i like + Massdownloader which is good too. Leechget has more option's than Freshdownload, but i somehow like FD more.

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Thanks..I'll look into them. I installed DL accellerator over 3 years ago and haven't had an issue since

5. Ailric

Ailric Guest

I like Flashget and Massdownloader but there is a free alternative I prefer to both:
    Free Download Manager:

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

It is most of the same functions of the pay programs and looks great too.

6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I never believed in download manager untill sometime ago and I did search a lot for spyware free ones and free ones...

I am glad to find leechget suiting my needs...

Inf.

7. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

I did try LeechGet - it has a problem in that it automatically creates 3 network connections for downloads. Multiple connections can improve download speed in some cases but also consume more server resources and can result in your IP address being banned by some sites (like The Underdogs) so it is a feature best used with caution.

GetRight has lots of options and is spyware/adware free (it just nags you to register) so would be a better choice for the advanced user in my view.

8. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

Leechget is the best free download manager .

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

10. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    The best download manager is ofcourse...Me (myself and I) as in: being the user.

:D

11. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Download express (metaproducts.com)

12. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

I use GetRight (registered) from many years and I like it

13. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well, I use LeechGet from www.leechget.net and am really satisfied, its light, fast, does resuming and has no spyware.

It's also been approved by Patrick Kolla, maker of Spybot S&D

14. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

I will always bow to P2K but , the problem you suggest is not really a problem at all . Set it to whatever you like . Simple enough . And I believe in Leechget as I use it . I found it to my liking . Basically , I am a firewall guy . But Leechget works great . Used it for more than a year with no problems .

15. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

Another vote for DOWNLOAD EXPRESS. Note that this program does not work with Firefox.

16. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

I use leechget and since the flashgot extension for firefox, it works even better.

17. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

You can set the number of connections you want, default is 3. with firefox you can choose to use leechget or firefox downloader to download a file with just before the download starts, the choice is yours.

18. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

leechget i use.

19. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

TrueDownloader is a open source download manager/accelerator with good features like Pause/Resume downloads, simultaneous downloads, segmented downloads for acceleration . Both HTTP and FTP protocols are supported , and it's very fast ! You can even improve it or adapt it to your needs since it's open-source. Some special features like HTTP/FTP Proxy support and ZIP previewing are supported too.

Integrated flawlessly into Internet Explorer, Mozilla and FireFox thanks to the Extension Technology.

Compatible with Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP !
    * This program is under GPL License.
    ** This program was originally called DownloadPlus but was renamed because of a trojan called DownloadPlus...
    *** This program is not linked with any Spyware so don't ask how to uninstall DownloadPlus that is NOT the program presented on this page. Thanks. You can find how to remove the annoying program using instructions here.

http://francis.dupont.free.fr/truedownloader/

20. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

21. herbalist

herbalist Guest

Star downloader is my favorite. No adware. Supports AV integration. Reconnects. Downloads can be scheduled. Integrates into most browsers. You can make as many different download categories as you want, each having a separate destination. Fast and reliable.
    Rick

22. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

I am using FreshDownload right now, lots of configuring options, for me a critical must have is the ability to set the date/time of the downloaded file to match the date/time on the server.

After reading gerardwil's post and checking out the web site I will be giving rueDownloader a shot. I prefer to use and support open source software anyway.

23. Icewind

Icewind Registered Member

Actually, I would stay well clear of Download Accelerator Plus because of all the spyware bundled with it (including VX2 variants and Dataminers). :eek: But other than that, the best one to use in my opinion is Internet Download Accelerator. Good updates, fast download, alerts of errors and non-resumable downloads, choice of speed to suit dial-up/broadband users... :p

I highly recommend this program if you want to download lots of things, or if you want to download particularly large files from the internet. :)

Davo.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  24. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Reget Deluxe is the one for me :)

25. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

Installed Leechget a week back....Its atleast 150% faster than my Flashget on broadband.
    Brilliant work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.