What do you guys think of Vexira?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tempnexus, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

As compared to others (I thought it was using the bitdefender engine 6...I used to have membership in their version 1, when I've switched from Kav to AVX to Vexira and then to Bit as backup and Nod32 as RT).

2. darklord

darklord Guest

Just curious, what was your reason for leaving KAV and go for Vexira? Vexira's marketing sales droids ? :D

3. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

No it was a mistake...the website which was hosting KAV in the U.S at that time (I think 1999) decided to go AVX and then within the next few months it went VEXIRA. I thought that well KAV was same as vexira...since the site was the same "central command", maybe they just changed their name etc. So I go an licenease update and that's how I got Vexira...V1...at that time it wasn't soo good, each time it updated it wanted to reboot the pc which on occassion was impsible since I was in a middle of something. Thus I am wondering if they got better since then.
    Basically it was an marketing ploy which I've fallen for.
    Now I've realized that KAV (I don't know if it was KAV then I think it was Kaspkersky AntiVirus Toolkit) was still KAV and avx was bitdefender.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.