what do u think about Advanced WindowsCare V2?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by kof, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kof

kof Registered Member

http://www.iobit.com/

Advanced WindowsCare v2 Personal - Free
    Advanced WindowsCare v2 Professional

it found

spyware scan - 10 problems
    security defense - 2500 problems

for truth 2500 problems
    cant belive in it

so what do you think about this product - safe , effective ?

btw
    Over 1,400,000 downloads since July 2005. :eek:

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I use it. But I uncheck (disable) the System Analysis component. That finds all my purposefull tweaks.

3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

You can set to ignore what you want, and there's a brief explanation on what it finds if you click on "show details" on each section.
    As any product of this nature, you could f. up something:D , but this one does what it's needed: back-up, and ignore list.
    If it's better in finding problems, i really don't know, i can't distinguish the programs apart, besides, again, information provided, back-up, and ignore list.

Always read what problems it found. If it finds problems related to my FW for instance, i ignore it right there.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I'm using it since a few days ago and seems to be a decent program...

The "Security Defense" features works like the SpywareGuard program, but with even more preventions... ;)

5. kof

kof Registered Member

more posts?

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i ran it once but it didnt impress me much. the programs i use cover all of what AWC does (except Security Defense) and they do a equal if not better job.

however, if u want an "All-In-One Solution" then it might be what your looking for.

7. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

advanced windowscare pro 4 free - worth it?

Hi, giveawayoftheday.com is currently giving away advanced windowscare pro. for free
    http://giveawayoftheday.com/
    "Unleash the full power of your PC now. Advanced WindowsCare Professional provides an Always-On and Automated, All-In-One PC Care Service with anti-spyware, privacy protection, performance tune-ups, and system cleaning features that find errors in your Windows OS that other utilities miss."

Anyone know if this is any good? Is the Anti-spyware component worth checking out? Thanks

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Give Away of the Day- Advanced Windowscare Pro ?

Has anyone ever used this Pro version? GOTD says this normally sells for $29.95 but is being given away for free today. If anyone else has used this, I have a few questions-

1. The "one click" cleaning, are there options to see what all will cleaned out before having to decide to clean or not?

2. This apparently runs in the background all the time. How much resources does it use on average?

3. As for the spyware protection, how good of a job does it do? Has the spyware prevention been tested at all?

4. Anything else to add about Advanced Windowscare Pro, please add.

Thanks.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/advanced-windowscare-professional/#more-621

9. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

''Advanced Windows Care'' - What a name! AWC is just a waste of time and money, if you want something to tweak your machine try TuneUp Utilities, WinTools.net Professional or XP Smoker Pro.

10. WSFuser

@acr1965 - i can only answer your first question: before doing the "cleaning" or whatever u call it, AWC does let u review whats its found.

11. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

From the website :
    Hi, something I noticed and wondering
    what is this?

12. osip

osip Registered Member

I took it down for testing from GOTD and made a snapshot with EazFix before running,this is what I found:
    The 1 click total option messed up firefox,restored the snapshot and took all issues(8-9) found under "win interface" to exclude,ran again,and I must say with an amazing result...Thought I was max tweaked...
    Also,took it away from startup and monotoring,using it from now on only on demand...For me it works great (apart from not detecting firefox profile/cache,but that´s no big deal...)The reg. cleaning gave no negative impact as well...My pc has´nt been better and so responsive(XP Pro sp2)...

13. WSFuser

i think its referring to the "Security Defense" feature which, iirc, is similar to SpywareBlaster.

14. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I wrote them an email asking if they use some other company's signatures and/or scanning engine. I was told that the anti-spyware component has been developed in-house, that it is not excellent or perfect, that Iobit is working on a new scanning engine and it will be released in future versions.

So WSFuser's recollection is probably right on point.

15. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Okay, immunisation then. It maybe wise for SB users to check there protection if installing AWCv2 then.
    How many items protected against?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.