What do I need to remover to use NOD32?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by alexis, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexis

alexis Registered Member

I am planning on changing my Norton Internet Security to NOD32. I have Windows xp pro OS with a hardware RAID 5 configuration. Will NOD32 have any problems with that configuration?

I have Ad-aware, windows defender, spybot search and destroy, and windows firewall.

I know I need to remove Norton (should I start at the control panel or with norton's removal tool?) and to turn off the firewall before installing NOD32.

Do I also need to disable or remove ad-aware, windows defender, and spybot search and destroy?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

1. Uninstall your Norton software from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    2. After uninstallation is completed , reboot the computer
    3. Visit Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs again and uninstall Live Update
    4. Restart
    5. Open Control Panel -> Windows Firewall and make sure it is ON
    6. Download Symantec's Norton removal tool
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
    After you choose Norton's version , the removal tool link is usually the final step
    7. Run the removal tool
    8. Download NOD32 v2.7 installer
    Trial version or Full paid version

9. NOD32 provides you with real time protection against all kind of threats including spyware . If you want to use Spybot S&D , Windows Defender and Ad-Aware , keep them but disable their protection prior to NOD32 install (e.g. stop Defender and TeaTimer) . If you want NOD32 only , it is now time to uninstall them

10. Run the NOD32 installer and install it :thumb:

3. alexis

alexis Registered Member

Thanks so much. I am backing up files and plan to follow the steps you provided - I printed your reply. Looking forward to getting rid of Norton.
    Regards,
    alexis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.